New Managers Fund
Ghadan Ventures is an AED 535Mn fund that seeks to support growth of Abu Dhabi’s start-up and VC ecosystem. The Fund is offering a source of capital that will amplify the funding activity taking place in the Emirate through two initiatives:
- The New Managers Fund
- The Start-up Matching Fund
Goals & Objectives
The New Managers Fund has been established to stimulate growth in the Abu Dhabi Venture Capital ecosystem. The fund will back new VC funds to establish in Abu Dhabi and thereby expand the sources of early stage funding available for start ups in the region.
Abu Dhabi based funds that meet the below criteria can apply to GV for commitment matching based on the amounts they raise in the private market. This means that for every AED 1 the New Fund Manager raises, ADIO will allocate an additional AED 1. ADIO will typically allocate between AED 10Mn and AED 20Mn per fund but will consider exceptions on a case by case basis.
New VC Fund Managers should meet the following criteria:
- Funding Sources: ability to raise third party funds from the private sector for GV to then match
- Investment Experience: established track record leading investments in institutional or other contexts
- Location:: Abu Dhabi in ADGM/Hub71 to ensure proximity to start-ups
- Proven Track Record: 2+ years raising and managing third party funds is an advantage
To apply, please download the application form and email it once filled to firstname.lastname@example.org.